Overall Chanticleer Best Book Award Annual Grand Prize $1,000.00
More than $30,000 in cash and prizes awarded annually!
And no, you do NOT have to be present to win! But, it is a lot more fun!
OZMA First Place Category Winner DARK SEA (manuscript) by Gary J. Hurtubise
So as it turned out, I was unable to make it out to Bellingham, Washington to attend the 2016 Ozma Awards Ceremony and Chanticleer Author’s Conference (life and stuff got in the way, sadly). As such, I figured that my lack of attendance would negate any chance I had of winning (not being too sure how these types of awards work…).
Glumly, I watched the first weekend of April go by, waving my chance at winning goodbye. And forgot about the whole thing……(Silly me!)
On a whim, I checked out the Chanticleer website tonight and came across this little bit of news: Dark Sea (manuscript) won an OZMA First Place Category ribbon!
How about that?!
The First In Category award winners are to receive a complimentary book review from Chanticleer, as well as a bunch of other promotional items. And now I can say that my (as of yet unpublished) novel is an award winner! Priceless. ?
Thank you to Chanticleer Book Reviews for providing a platform for me to have my manuscript reviewed. I’m feeling that much closer to turning Darksea into a real book – and me into a real author! (Reject me now, literary agents!!)
Congratulations to Christopher, Elisabeth, Vijay, Raven, Nicole and Murray for their category wins, and especially to Vijay, for also winning the Ozma Grand Prize!
Spread the word, eh? 😉 Gary Hurtubise, OZMA Awards, Winner
Chanticleer writing competitions are challenging but rewarding
- Winning and placing in a Chanticleer writing contest will help promote your work and your author platform.
- Gives you something to post about, something to encourage interactions from followers as they congratulate you and re-share your accomplishments.
- Win badges for your website, and reviews to add to your book cover design, to help your book stand out when readers are making that all important purchasing decision.
- Show potential readers, agents, publishers that your book has passed a test of quality and readability that can help your book jump off the shelves at bookstores and increase book sales or open doors to agents and publishers.
- Contest submission deadlines help you meet your deadlines for your publishing goals.
- Finalists and winners get active promotion from Chanticleer across our social media platforms and our high traffic website, as well as our mail list of thousands.
- Join our Chanticleer family – form relationships and bonds with other winners, especially if you attend our Chanticleer Authors Conference and Awards Gala where winners gather from all over the world.
- Just plain have fun!