The Somerset Awards recognize emerging new talent and outstanding works in Contemporary, Mainstream, and Literary Fiction.
Finalists will compete for 1st place category positions. 1st Place Category winners will compete for The Somerset Awards Grand Prize for Overall Best Book 2013 and a Chanticleer Book Review and SEO package, a $250 purse, and promotional opportunities. The grand prize winners of ten genres will compete for the Chanticleer Blue Ribbon Grand Prize 2013 and a $1,000 purse.
The Somerset Awards is a division of Chanticleer Blue Ribbon Writing Competitions. The contest divisions is named after W. Somerset Maugham, author of The Moon and Sixpence, Of Human Bondage, Razor’s Edge, and other literary masterpieces.
These finalists have made it through the first three rounds of competition. The first sixty to ninety pages of each work have been read by CBR judges. They are presently making the next circuit of rounds. From here on out each round is more competitive as the judges determine if works will continue to move forward to best of category.
We are honored to announce the Official Finalists of the Somerset Awards 2013:
- Stormy Weather by Dermot Davis
- Mother Teresa’s Advice for Jilted Lovers by Donna Barker
- Individually Wrapped by Jeremy Bullian
- In Search of Sticks by Randy Kaneen
- Opposite of Everything by David Kalish
- Cheating the Hog by Rae Ellen Lee
- The Devil Wears Scrubs by Freida McFadden
- Morning Star by Roger Schick
- Surviving 26th Street by Carol June Stover
- Sparrows Cannot Catch Me by R. Mursell
- Midlife Fanilow by J. M. Holder
- The Prodigal by Michael Hurley
- Chocolates on the Pillow by Sean Dwyer
- Tarnished Hero by Jim Gilliam
- How to Make a Pot in 14 Easy Lessons by Nicola Pearson
- The Botanist’s Daughter by Angela Belcaster
- Family Bonds by Kate Vale
- Color of Lies by Abbe Rolnick
- The Orbiter by Jana Krause
- The Fosters, a Novel by C. Alease
- Never Turn Your Back on a Wolf by Jennifer Mueller
- Take the Pilgrim Road by Frank T. Klus
- Saving Faith by Patrick M. Garry
- The Apprentice by Jana Barkley
- Brain, the Man Who Wrote the Book that Changed the World by Dermot Davis
- Sacred Mountain by Ken Farmer & Buck Stienke
- Freak Story by Jim Musgrave
From the this list, only six First in Category award winners will be chosen.
Congratulations to the Finalists and Good Luck in the next rounds of the Somerset 2013 Competition.
- 1st Place Category winners will be announced in approximately two months.
- We are now accepting entries into the 2014 Somerset Awards.