Listen to or download this article:
Are you gifted in the art of puzzle making? Do you have the ability to flip houses for profit? Are you a fervent advocate for renewable energy and want to share your knowledge with the world?
Do you have a unique and interesting way of doing something? If so, and you choose to write an instructional manual, a travel guide, or shed some light on a subject, we would like to say, “Welcome!”
We need your input, your advice, your manuals and manuscripts for the CIBA 2019 Instruction and Insight Awards.
The deadline is fast approaching, so don’t delay, enter your work and let us judge it against the other entries to sus out the best!
The categories are:
- The Arts: Music, Photography, Performing Arts, Fine Arts,
- Cookbooks, Home and Garden
- Motivational: Career, Business, Sports, Self-help
- Arts and Crafts How-To
- Nature and Environment
- Travel Guides
- Pets and the Animal World
- Health, Diet, and Fitness
- Writing Guides
- Pop Culture and Social Issues
If you have a published book or manuscript of Instruction & Insight, enter it before December 31, 2019! Who knows, you may bring home a First in Category – or even the Grand Prize Award!
But you have to enter in order to win. Don’t delay, follow this link and enter today.
Here are the titles and authors who won First in Category in the 2018 I&I Awards:
- The Suburban Micro-Farm: Modern Solutions for Busy People by Amy Stross
- God Answers Science by Gary W. Driver
- Retire Securely: Insights on Money Management from an Award-Winning Financial Columnist by Julie Jason
- Physician: How Science Transformed the Art of Medicine by Rajeev Kurapati
- Do You Have a Catharsis Handy? Five-Minute Writing Tips by Kathleen Kaska
- Klee wyck Journal by Lou McKee
The CIBA 2017 GRAND PRIZE I & I Award Winner:
Here are the titles and authors who won First in Category in the 2017 I&I Awards:
- The Once and Future Queen: Guinevere in Arthurian Legend by Nicole Evelina
- Auténtico: The Definitive Guide to Latino Career Success by Andrés Tomás Tapia and Robert Rodriguez, PhD
- Private Money Lending: Learn How to Consistently Generate a Passive Income Stream by Gustavo J. Gomez, Ph.D.
- Federal Prison Handbook: The Definitive Guide To Surviving The Federal Bureau Of Prisons by Christopher Zoukis
- Head-On, Stories of Alopecia by Deeann Callis Graham
- Keto East: A Ketogenic Lifestyle: Eating Asian by Kelly Tan Peterson
The I&I Awards were new in 2017. Before that, the instruction and Insight books were included in the Journey Awards for NonFiction. Here are some of those books that made the grade – and are true I&I Winners!
Here are some titles that fit nicely into the I&Is from 2016:
The Grand Prize Winner for the Journey Awards in 2016 came from the Self-Help Category, Destiny Allison’s The Romance Diet: Body Image and the Wars We Wage on Ourselves.
- Professional Experiences: Gestalt as a Way of Life by Cyndy Sheldon
- Enlightenment: Cocoon of Cancer: An Invitation to Love Deeply by Abbe Rolnick
Here are some titles that fit nicely into the I&Is from 2015:
Some of the Category Winners from that year:
Self-help/How-to: Harish K. Malhotra, M.D. – Metaphors of Healing
- Volunteer Experience: George DeVault – Fire Call: A Volunteer Firefighter’s Memoir
- True Action/Adventure: Wendy Hinman – Tightwads on the Loose – A Seven Year Pacific Odyssey
Our First in Category Winners in 2014 Journey Awards that are definitely I & I Contenders:
- Caregiving Our Loved Ones by Nanette J. Davis, Ph.D.
- Moroccan Musings by Anne B. Barriault
- Accidental Teacher: Life Lessons from My Silent Son by Annie Lubliner Lehmann
All of these outstanding authors entered the I&I Awards – or, the earlier, Journey Awards and were chosen as the best books of the year!
The deadline is fast approaching! December 31, 2019, is almost here.
The Chanticleer Non-fiction Book Awards First Place Award-Winning
Authors Awards Package Includes:
- ALL First In Category Award Winners will be given high visibility during the Chanticleer Authors Conference and Awards Gala.
- First in Category award winner will compete for the Non-fiction Book Awards Grand Prize Award for Chanticleer Non-fiction Book Awards’ Grand Prize Ribbon and badges.
- A coveted Chanticleer Book Review valued at $425 dollars U.S. CBR reviews will be published in the Chanticleer Reviews magazine in chronological order.
- A CBR Blue Ribbon to use in promotion at book signings and book festivals
- Digital award stickers for on-line promotion
- Adhesive book stickers
- Shelf-talkers and other promotional items
- Promotion in print and online media
- Review of book distributed to on-line sites and printed media publications
- Review, cover art, and author synopsis listed in CBR’s newsletter
And the 1st Place Award winners will automatically be entered into the NON-FICTION GUIDEBOOKS AND HOW-TO BOOKS GRAND PRIZE AWARD competition 2019!