The CLUE Book Awards recognize emerging talent and outstanding works in the genre of Suspense, Thriller, Crime, & Mystery Novels. The CLUE Book Awards is a genre division of the Chanticleer International Book Awards (The CIBAs).
Information about the #CIBAs Long Lists, Short Lists, and Semi-Finalists Announcement Rounds.
These titles have moved forward in the judging rounds from SLUSH pile to the 2018 Long List (aka the Slush Pile Survivors) to the SHORTLIST and have competed for the 2018 CLUE SEMIFINALISTS positions.
These titles are in the running for the First Place Category Winner positions of the 2018 CLUE Book Awards novel competition for Suspense, Thriller, Crime, and Mystery Novels. Good Luck to All!
The First Place Category Winners will be announced at the Chanticleer Awards Banquet and Ceremony. The First Place Category winners will automatically be entered into the CLUE GRAND PRIZE AWARD competition. The 16 CBR Grand Prize Genre Winners will compete for the CBR Overall Grand Prize for Best Book and its $1,000 purse. First Place Category and Grand Prize Awards will be announced and recognized at the Chanticleer Awards Banquet and Ceremony on Saturday, April 27th, 2019, Bellingham, Washington.
All Semi-Finalists will receive official notification by email and will be tagged in a Facebook Announcement and promotion—if they are following Chanticleer Reviews on Facebook. Facebook will only allow us to tag those who follow CR on FB. Click on this Semi-Finalist badge link to the downloadable digital badge and for information about Semi-Finalists book stickers.
The Official 2018 CLUE Book Awards Semi-Finalists:
- Lauren E. Rico – Reverie (Reverie Trilogy, Book 1)
- Pamela Beason – The Only One Left
- Timothy Burgess – California Son
- Philip Derrick – Facing The Dragon
- Cheryl L. Reed – Poison Girls*
- E. V. Stephens – Shortcuts
- Nick Airus – The Manifesto Murders
- Lawrence Verigin – Beyond Control
- Melodie Hernandez –Forgotten Rage
- Zach Fortier – Chakana
- Nicholas Kellum – Briar Falls
- Elaine Williams Crockett – Do Not Ask
- Carl and Jane Bock – Swamp Guide
- Timothy S. Johnston – The War Beneath
- Karen Dodd – Scare Away the Dark: A Stone Suspense
- Saralyn Richard – Murder in the One Percent
- John Stafford – Prayer of Vengeance
- Ernesto H Lee – Out of Time
- Paul McHugh – The Blind Pool
- Marilynn Larew – Hong Kong Central
- Ken Malovos – One Night In Amboise
- Lyle Howard – A Trace of Revenge
All SemiFinalists will receive high visibility along with special badges to wear during the Chanticleer Authors Conference and Awards Gala.
The CLUE Grand Prize Winner and the First Place Category Position award winners will be announced at the April 27th, 2019 Chanticleer Book Awards Annual Awards Gala, which takes place at the Chanticleer Authors Conference that will be held in Bellingham, Wash.
We are now accepting submissions into the 2018 CLUE Book Awards writing competition. The deadline for submissions is September 30th, 2019. Please click here for more information.
As always, please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions, concerns, or suggestions at Info@ChantiReviews.com.