#CAC18 Story. Production. Beyond.
We are excited to announce that Attorney Lake Perriquey will present sessions at CAC18 on the topics of Copyright, Intellectual Property, and Trademark.
We want to extend a special welcome to Lake Perriguey, attorney, to the 2018 Chanticleer Authors Conference. Lake’s company, Law Works, LLC, handles all aspects of copyright and trademark law, with experience before the Trademark Trial and Appeals Board and the US Copyright Office and multiple cases in the United States District Court. These matters include the initial registration of copyrights and trademarks and claims and defenses of copyright infringement and trademark infringement.
Lake Perriguey owns Law Works LLC, a full-service law firm in downtown Portland which focuses on civil rights, employment, injury, and copyright litigation. Lake brought the lawsuit to the courts that established marriage equality for gay and lesbian Oregonians as well as the first successful action for non-binary legal recognition in the United States. Lake has represented authors and publishers in contract negotiations and in federal court litigation regarding copyrights. Law Works, LLC is based out of Portland, Oregon.
CAC18 Workshops and Presentations:
- Copyright 101 and the Publishing Contract in our Digital Age
- Copyright and what that really means- when it starts and its protections
- An intellectual property primer, coupled with some tips on common terms in publishing contracts that should be considered given the worldwide market, and the ease of digital distribution.
- Reversion rights consideration
- KaffeeKlatche informal chat