The Mystery & Mayhem Writing Competition recognizes emerging new talent and outstanding works in the genre of Cozy Mysteries, Not-so-Cozy, and Classic Mysteries. The M&M Awards is a division of Chanticleer International Novel Writing Competitions.
Congratulations to these authors for their works moving up from the 2017 M&M slush pile survivors to the Short List. The novels will now compete for the First Place Category positions!
More than $30,000.00 dollars worth of cash and prizes will be awarded to Chanticleer Book Reviews 2017 writing competition winners!
The M&M Book Awards FIRST IN CATEGORY sub-genres are: Amateur Sleuth, Romance, Animals, Cooking/Knitting/Hobbies, Blended Genre, Medical/Lab, Travel, Humorous, Historical, Classic British, and Y/A.
The following titles will compete for the FIRST IN CATEGORY Positions and Book Awards Packages.
NOTE: This is the Official List of the M&M 2017 SHORT LIST.
The Finalists Authors and Titles of Works that have made it to the highly competitive Short-List (aka The Semi-Finalists) of the M&M 2017 Book Awards are:
- Carl and Jane Bock – Coronado’s Trail: An Arizona Borderlands Mystery
- David Selcer – The Dream Catcher Murders
- Sherrie Todd-Beshore – The Count Of Baldpate
- Cherie O’Boyle – Missing Mom
- Anna Castle – Moriarty Meets His Match
- Jennifer Mueller – Never Turn Your Back on a Wolf
- Cindy Sample – Dying for a Donut
- Nancy G. West – River City Dead
- Kim Hunt Harris – Unsightly Bulges, A Trailer Park Princess Cozy Mystery
- Valerie Tate – Frog Legs
- Betty Jean Craige – Fairfield’s Auction
- Libi Astaire – The Moon Taker
- Lucinda Brant – Deadly Peril: A Georgian Historical Mystery
- J.L. Newton – Oink. A Food for Thought Mystery
- Vee Kumari – DHARMA
- D. J. Adamson – Suppose
- M. K. Graff – The Golden Hour: A Nora Tierney English Mystery
- Kathleen Kaska – Run Dog Run
- Susan Breen – Maggie Dove’s Detective Agency
- Michelle Cox – A Ring of Truth
- Amy Boyles – Scared Witchless
- Jeanette Hubbard – Chasing Nathan
- Susan Boles – Cherry Cake and a Cadaver
- Fred Shackelford – The Ticket
- Dennis M. Clausen – The Sins of Rachel Sims
- M. Louisa Locke – Deadly Proof: A Victorian San Francisco Mystery
- Mollie Hunt – Cat’s Paw
- Carol June Stover – Kenmore Square
- Lonna Enox – Striking Blind
- Suzette Hollingsworth – Sherlock Holmes and the Chocolate Menace
- Traci Andrighetti – Amaretto Amber
- Susan Boles – Death Of A Wolfman
- Diane Weiner – Murder is Collegiate
- Amy S. Peele – CUT
- Richard T. Ryan – The Vatican Cameos: A Sherlock Holmes Adventure
These titles will compete to be SHORT LISTED in the next rounds.
The M&M Semi-Finalists will compete for the M&M First-In-Category Positions, which consists of Seven Judging Rounds. First Place Category Award winners will automatically be entered into the M&M GRAND PRIZE AWARD competition. The CBR Grand Prize Genre Winners will compete for the CBR Overall Grand Prize for Best Book and its $1,000 purse.
All Short Listers will receive high visibility along with special badges to wear during the Chanticleer Authors Conference and Awards Gala.
As always, please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions, concerns, or suggestions at Info@ChantiReviews.com.
Congratulations to the Short Listers in this fiercely competitive contest!
Good Luck to each of you as your works compete for the M&M Awards First Class Category Positions.
Good Luck to all of the M&M Semi-Finalists as they compete for the coveted First Place Category positions.
The M&M Grand Prize Winner and the Five First Place Category Position award winners along with all Short Listers in attendance will be announced at the April 21st, 2018 Chanticleer Book Awards Annual Awards Gala, which takes place at the Chanticleer Authors Conference that will be held in Bellingham, Wash.
We are now accepting submissions into the 2018 M&M Awards writing competition. The deadline for submissions is March 31st, 2018. Please click here for more information.