The Mystery & Mayhem Writing Competition recognizes emerging new talent and outstanding works in the genre of Cozy Mysteries and Classic Mysteries. The M&M Awards is a division of Chanticleer International Novel Writing Competitions.
More than $30,000.00 dollars worth of cash and prizes will be awarded to Chanticleer Book Reviews 2015 writing competition winners!
The M&M Awards FIRST IN CATEGORY sub-genres are: Amateur Sleuth, Romance, Animals, Cooking/Knitting/Hobbies, Blended Genre, Medical/Lab, Travel, Humorous, Historical, Classic British, Y/A, and Senior Sleuth.
The following titles will compete for the FIRST IN CATEGORY Positions and Awards Packages.
The Finalists Authors and Titles of Works that have made it to the Short-list of the M&M 2015 Novel Writing Contest are:
The Long December by Mark Vilela
The Returner by Mark Vilela
The Prince Charming Killer by R. Johnson
St. Jude Without by E.M. Graham
A Stitch in Time by Ann Yost
The Bleak by Keith Dixon
Iced Tee by Cherie O’Boyle
Blood Relations by Lonnie Enox
There is Something About Marty by Wendy Delaney
Not with My Brain You Don’t by Richard Tenney
Terror in Taffeta by Maria Cooper
Community Affairs by Michele Lynn Seigfried
Prosecco Pink and Limoncello Yellow by Traci Andrighetti
The Hut in the Woods by VLZ
Murder Off the Beaten Path by M.L. Rowland
Ghostly Paws by Leighann Dobbs
A Stitch in Time by Ann Yost
Stabbing in the Senate by Colleen Shogan
Brain Matters by JR Scott
Double Duplicity by Paty Jager
Murder Beside the Salish Sea by Jennifer Mueller
A Time to Love in Tehran by C. J. Fewston
St. Louis Affair by Michael Scheffel
Sherlock Holmes and The Case of the Sword Princess by Suzette Hollingsworth
Endangered Eagle by Richard Carl Roth
Crossing Paths by Kate Vale
Organized for Murder by Ritter Ames
Fit to be Dead and Dang Near Dead by Nancy G. West
The M&M Finalists will compete for the M&M First In Category Positions, which consists of Four Judging Rounds. First Place Category Award winners will automatically be entered into the M&M GRAND PRIZE AWARD competition, which has a cash prize of $250 or $500 dollars in editorial services. The CBR Grand Prize Genre Winners will compete for the CBR Overall Grand Prize for Best Book and its $1,000 purse.
- All First In Category Award Winners will receive high visibility along with special badges to wear during the Chanticleer Authors Conference and Awards Gala.
- First In Category winners will compete for the M&M Awards Grand Prize Award for the $250 purse and the M&M Grand Prize Ribbon and badges.
- TEN genre Grand Prize winning titles will compete for the $1,000 purse for CBR Best Book and Overall Grand Prize.
- A coveted Chanticleer Book Review valued at $345 dollars U.S. CBR reviews will be published in the Chanticleer Reviews magazine in chronological order as to posting.
- A CBR Blue Ribbon to use in promotion at book signings and book festivals
- Digital award stickers for on-line promotion
- Adhesive book stickers
- Shelf-talkers and other promotional items
- Promotion in print and on-line media
- Review of book distributed to on-line sites and printed media publications
- Review, cover art, and author synopsis listed in CBR’s newsletter
- Default First in Category winners will not be declared. Contests are based on merit and writing craft in all of the Chanticleer Writing Competitions.
As always, please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions, concerns, or suggestions at Info@ChantiReviews.com.
Congratulations to the Finalists in this fiercely competitive contest!
Good Luck to all of the M&M Finalists as they compete for the coveted First Place Category positions.
First In Category announcements will be made in our social media postings as the results come in.
The M&M Grand Prize Winner will be announced at the April 30th, 2016 Chanticleer Writing Contests Annual Awards Gala, which takes place on the last evening of the Chanticleer Authors Conference that will be held in Bellingham, Wash.
We are now accepting submissions into the 2016 M&M Awards writing competition. The deadline for submissions is March 30th, 2016. Please click here for more information.